If you feel like you've spent so much time on your couch over the past few weeks that it's going to wear out . . . don't worry, it can handle it.
People hold onto couches for an average of 12 years. And a new survey calculated just what the average couch experiences during that time. Check it out . . .
1. 7,482 hours of TV, or roughly 12 hours a week. (That seems low. But maybe it includes that plastic-covered couch in your childhood home that kids were NOT allowed to sit on. It saw zero hours of TV, pulling down the average.)
2. 6,960 spills, or about 11 a week. (That seems high, even with kids.)
3. 5,248 hours on social media, or about eight-and-a-half hours a week.
4. 4,293 hours of sleeping or napping, or about seven hours a week.
5. 4,428 kisses, or about one a day.
6. And the remote getting lost 900 times, or once or twice a week.
(Brighton & Hove Independent) Image © 2020 GettyImages