Quarantine cuties! Ryan Seacrest and his girlfriend Shayna Taylor whipped up healthy but tasty muffins and bars earlier this week while working from home on Live With Kelly and Ryan.
Shayna, a trained chef and food blogger, shared the recipe, which you can easily try at home with existing items in your pantry.
Check it out in the video above and get the full recipe below:
Shayna Taylor’s Black Bean Ginger Bread Bars
• 1 1/2 cups cooked black beans , or 1 (15 oz.) can drained and rinsed
• 1/2 cup gluten free flour or almond flour
• 1/4 cup melted coconut oil
• 3/4 cup coconut sugar, maple syrup or honey
• 1 teaspoon ground ginger
• 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
• 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
• 1/2 teaspoon salt
• 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
• 1 teaspoon vanilla extract (preferred is alcohol free)
• 1 tablespoon blackstrap molasses
• 2 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
• 1/4 cup hemp seeds for topping (optional)
• Preheat the oven to 350ºF and line a 9-inch square baking dish with parchment paper. In the bowl of a large food processor fitted with an "S" blade, combine the black beans, flour, oil, sugar, ginger, cinnamon, cloves, salt, baking soda, vanilla, molasses, and vinegar. Process until a smooth batter is formed.
• Pour the batter into the lined baking dish and sprinkle the top with the tablespoon of coarse sugar, if desired. Bake until the top feels firm to a light touch, about 25 to 30 minutes. Cool completely before removing the bars from the pan and slicing.
• These bars will keep well at room temperature for up to 48 hours tightly covered, but for best shelf life keep them in an airtight container in the fridge for up to a week.