Catch ODD NEWS each hour 2p-7p weekdays with Chris Marino on Q92!
Today Is National Clean Out Your Fridge Day . . . What's the Oldest Thing You've Got in There?
Today is National Clean Out Your Fridge Day. And even though that's an odd idea for a holiday . . . maybe it's not such a bad thing.
Because if you really think about it, you've probably got some SUPER old stuff in the back of your fridge.
So people on Reddit are sharing the oldest thing they have in their fridges. Here are some of the best ones . . .
1. "Wet soggy cucumber. It's almost decomposed and has brown liquid all around it."
2. "Five-year frozen whole opossum with a tire tread mark on it."
3. "I'm not entirely sure what it is, but it's wrapped in foil and has been there for long enough that I'm not sure I could take it in a fight."
4. "The last packet of roasted salsa from Taco Bell from like 2010."
5. "I cleaned out my parents' refrigerator [last year], and found a few commemorative cans of Bud Light from the 1996 Atlanta Olympics."
Men with Facial Hair Are More Attractive Than Men Without It
Good news for everyone who's growing a mustache for Movember . . . maybe the results AREN'T making you look like an extra survivor from the set of the Walking Dead.
According to a new study in the "Journal of Evolutionary Biology", men with facial hair are more attractive than men without it.
The survey asked more than 8,500 women to rate men on how attractive they are. And here are the results, from most to least attractive.
1. Heavy stubble, like 10 days' worth or so.
2. Full beard.
3. Light stubble.
4. Clean shaven.
The researchers say there's an evolutionary aspect to it, and that beards make men look more masculine. Quote, "Beards may be more attractive . . . as they indicate a male's ability to successfully compete socially with other males for resources."
Four People Dress Up As A Bus To Cross Vehicle-Only Bridge
Four men from Russia came up with a creative solution to crossing the vehicle-only Golden Bridge in Russia.
In a video, they can be seen dressed up in a yellow bus costume, with their eight legs sticking out from below the cardboard bus structure as they shuffle alongside passing cars.
But they didn’t get very far, as a guard obviously noticed they weren’t a real bus, forcing them to turn around and leave.
Check out a video of the incident below: