This Afternoon's Odd News 11/7/18

Catch ODD NEWS each hour 2p-7p weekdays with Chris Marino on Q92!

We Spend Nine Full Days a Year in a Food Coma . . . Plus the Top Foods That Cause One

When you eat as much food as all of us eat, you're gonna need LOTS of time to lie around digesting and moaning.

According to a new study, the average American spends 213 hours a year in a FOOD COMA. That's nine ENTIRE days.

After we eat a super heavy meal with lots of meat and carbs, it takes an average of one hour and 22 minutes before we feel sharp and ready to work or, really, do anything. And we have about two or three of those meals every week.

The most common foods that knock us out are: Burgers . . . pizza . . . mashed potatoes . . . burritos . . . fries . . . hot dogs . . . tacos . . . cheese . . . and potato chips.

(SWNS Digital) 

Are You Comfortable Job Hunting on Company Time?

There's something that doesn't feel quite right about searching for a job when you're on the clock at your current job. But is that feeling enough to keep you from sticking it to The Man and doing it anyway?

According to a new survey, about two-thirds of people say . . . nope, I'd definitely hunt for a new job on company time.

34% of people say they're very likely to do it, and another 30% say they're somewhat likely, for a total of 64%.

But on the other side of things, there are 6% of people who say it makes them very uncomfortable to even LOOK for a new job . . . like, even at home, when they're already employed.

(PR Newswire)

A Guy Wearing Crocs …Jumps Into a Crocodile Pit

I can't believe I have to say this warning out loud, but . . . just because you wear CROCS, it doesn't make you an actual crocodile.

There's a guy named Brandon Hatfield in St. Augustine, Florida. And on Monday night, he broke into a zoo park, and jumped into their crocodile pit.

While he was wearing Crocs.

And, just like you'd expect, at least one of the three 12-foot crocodiles in the pit attacked him before he got away.

The next morning, the staff found shorts, blood, and, yes, the Crocs in the pit and called the cops.

And the cops ALREADY had Brandon . . . they'd found him the night before wandering around a neighborhood nearby in just his boxers, with blood on his leg and foot.

They took him to the hospital, and when he gets out, they say he'll be charged with burglary, criminal mischief, and a probation violation. They think he might've broken into the park on a dare . . . and really, he's lucky to be alive.

(CBS 47 - Jacksonville

(Here are some grainy surveillance videos.)

title

Content Goes Here