Catch ODD NEWS each hour 2p-7p weekdays with Chris Marino on Q92!
Currently Mega Millions is at $1 Billion and Powerball is at $470 Million . . . What Are Your Odds of Winning Both?
In case you haven't heard, both of the big nationwide lotteries have MASSIVE jackpots right now. Tonight's Mega Millions the last time I checked is at $1 billion, and tomorrow's Powerball is at $470 million.
That's almost $1.5 billion combined. So . . . what are your odds of winning BOTH?
Spoiler . . . um, if you won both, you might overcome taller odds than anyone has ever overcome in the history of the world.
The Mega Millions odds are one in 302.6 million . . . the Powerball odds are one in 292 million. And combined, your chance of winning both of them is around one in 88 QUADRILLION. That's 88 followed by 15 zeroes.
And just think, if you overcome those odds and win both jackpots, you'll still be worth like $144 billion less than Jeff Bezos.
Also, for what it's worth, if you take the lump sum on the Mega Millions, it'd be around $548 million . . . and the lump sum on the Powerball is $248 million. And after you knock off roughly 50% for taxes, you'll take home a mere $398 million. (CNBC)
(Here are a few other stories on the lottery for you: A study found winning probably WON'T ruin your life . . . and a new survey says we'd be pretty smart and generous if we won one of these big jackpots.)
You're Officially "Middle Aged" When You Hit 47
At what age do you officially become "middle aged"? A new survey asked 2,000 people, and the average answer was . . . 47. The survey also asked people to name the top SIGNS you're middle-aged. Here are the top 10 . . .
1. You start noticing a lot of your co-workers are young enough to be your kids.
2. You have a harder time tolerating other people's nonsense.
3. You notice wrinkles and grey hairs, but not just on your face and head.
4. You thought you'd never need glasses, but now you do.
5. You realize you're older than most of the actors and musicians you like.
6. Going on a cruise suddenly sounds like a lot of fun.
7. You've started to really enjoy spending money on boring home-improvement projects, like putting in a new fence or new flooring.
8. You've accepted the fact that you'll never fit into your old clothes again.
9. You suddenly love going to stores like Home Depot and Lowes.
10. You're more passionate about politics than ever before. (Isn't that MOST of us at this point though?)
A few more that made the top 50 are: You can't tolerate new music . . . you couldn't possibly handle a mid-week hangover . . . you're hoping to get household items for Christmas . . . and you try to be "cool" in front of your kids' friends. (SWNS)
A Guy Robs a Subway . . . Then Goes Back For His Sandwich
Never commit crimes on an empty stomach.
There's a 34-year-old guy named Zachary Miller, and he went into a Subway in Norcross, Virginia earlier this month and ordered a sandwich.
And when it was time for him to pay, he hopped over the counter and stole about $100 from the register. Then he took off.
But then Zachary went BACK into the Subway. Why? Because he'd forgotten his sandwich.
So he grabbed it, then he took off again . . . for real this time.
Anyway, the cops recognized him from the surveillance video, and he was wanted on several other charges too. And he was arrested on Tuesday in Tennessee.