Catch ODD NEWS each hour 2p-7p weekdays with Chris Marino on Q92!
Every Single Day, More Than One-Third of Americans Eat Fast Food
We sure are a country that LOVES its fast food.
According to a new study by the CDC, on any given day, 37% of Americans eat fast food. That's more than one out of three people.
And our love of fast food apparently doesn't have anything to do with it being cheap. The study found that the MORE money you make, the more likely you are to eat fast food.
It's also not too different across different races or genders.
But there IS some connection to age. People under 30 were almost twice as likely to have fast food on any given day compared to people over 60.
It Now Costs $230,000 to Raise a Kid From Birth to Age 18
Before you have a kid, or another kid, think about this: Instead, you could buy yourself a decent condo in Fort Myers, Florida. Yeah. Mind blown, right?
Merrill Lynch just put out their annual report on the cost of raising a child in America, and it now costs an average of $230,000 from birth through age 18. So yeah, that's not including college.
One of the main reasons it's so high is because parents today feel pressure to buy their kids the stuff that other kids have.
And people KNOW it's expensive to have a kid going in . . . but they don't realize HOW expensive. 73% of parents say they weighed the financial aspect before they had a baby . . . but 90% were surprised by JUST how much it cost.
On the bright side, 94% of parents say it's been worth every penny. On the down side, that means 6% of parents don't feel that way.
The Top Ten Ways to Live to 100, According to People Who've Done It
Someone looked at 100 interviews done with people who lived to be at least 100 years old. Then they compared them all to come up with a list of the ten most common TIPS they gave for making it past the century mark.
Some of the tips clash with others. Like, some people said DRINKING helped them live longer, and others said NOT drinking did. But here are the ten most common tips . . .
1. Ignore traditional advice about your diet. 29% said it was one of their secrets.
2. Eat healthy, 25%. So, the opposite of the first one.
3. Stay active, 22%.
4. Stay positive, 18%.
5. Drink alcohol REGULARLY, 16%. The best quote they found was from a 111-year-old guy who said that, "Putting a little bourbon in your morning coffee is like medicine."
6. DON'T drink too much, and don't smoke, 12%. One of the best quotes for that one was from a 106-year-old lady who said, "I never smoked, I never drank, I never cussed, I never lied, and I never chased cowboys."
7. Maintain meaningful relationships, 10%.
8. Always try to get a good night's sleep, 9%.
9. Be nice to people, 9%.
10. Have faith, 9%.