Catch ODD NEWS each hour 2p-7p weekdays with Chris Marino on Q92!
Sunday Is National Guacamole Day . . . When They Say "Guac Is Extra," Do You Pay Up?
Sunday is National Guacamole Day. But it's okay if you want to celebrate it now. It's like how they just kinda moved President's Day at some point to make it more convenient. You enjoy Guacamole Day on your own timeline.
And here are a few stats on guac from a new survey that you can discuss with your friends while you celebrate the holiday, because everyone loves numbers . . .
1. 48% of people say they LOVE guacamole, and another 25% say they like it. Less than 8% say they hate it.
2. 29% of people eat it at least once a week, and 6% eat it DAILY.
3. And when you're at Chipotle or another place and they say "guac is extra, is that okay?" . . . 38% of people always pay up. 27% will pay extra for it once in a while, and 11% will only eat it if it's included for free.
2018's Top Tailgating Trends, Including Our Favorite Foods, Drinks, and Games
We've got the results from this year's survey on America's tailgating habits. Here are six stats about everything from our favorite foods to our favorite tailgating games . . .
1. Our favorite tailgating food is WINGS with 25% of the vote, followed by burgers, pizza, hot dogs, nachos, and tacos. (That doesn't necessarily mean wings are the most common tailgating food. Just the most popular.)
2. Our favorite thing to drink at a tailgate is beer with 53% of the vote, followed by mixed drinks, iced tea, wine or wine coolers, and Gatorade.
3. 24% of fans said they DON'T usually drink at a tailgate. 32% said they have one or two drinks . . . 20% said three to four . . . 11% said five or six . . . 4% said seven or eight . . . and 9% said they drink MORE than that.
4. 49% of people said corn hole is the best tailgating game. The rest of the top five are beer pong, frisbee or catch, flip cup, and ladder toss.
5. 70% of fans said college tailgates are better than NFL tailgates.
6. 61% said the best place to watch football is at home, or at a friend's place. 12% would rather be at a bar. Only 11% said being AT the game is best. And 16% don't care where they watch, as long as there's plenty of food.
Want to Drink Wine in the Shower? A New Product Makes That Easy
It's about time that manufacturers started catering to those of us who don't want to have to STOP DRINKIN' just to get ready to go out.
Urban Outfitters just started selling a new product called the Sipski Shower Wine Glass Holder. It's a waterproof device that holds a wine glass . . . and it suctions on the wall of your shower.
So now you can take your glass of wine into the shower and have a safe, secure place to put it while you use shampoo. If you want one, you can pre-order it for $15, and they're set to ship in November.