This Afternoon's Odd News 9/10/18

posted by Chris Marino - 

Catch ODD NEWS each hour 2p-7p weekdays with Chris Marino on Q92!

Are you hoping that maybe at his next big milestone birthday, your husband or boyfriend will FINALLY get rid of his football jerseys, stop wearing backwards hats, and release his puka shell necklaces back to the sea? Well . . . nope.  According to a new study, the age when men start dressing right for their age is . . . never. The researchers studied men between 58 and 85 years old, and they found that most of them never had a moment where they looked in the mirror and realized they were dressing too young. In fact, most of them refused to believe that things like hoodies, tennis shoes, and skinny jeans didn't look right on them at their age. This study didn't include women, but other studies have shown women are different . . . they DO hit points where they decide they should start dressing differently. (Eurekalert)

 

We love pizza so much, why must it hurt us so? According to the Consumer Product Safety Commission, approximately 2,300 Americans went to the emergency room last year because of PIZZA.  Here are the four main types of pizza injuries . . .

1. Bad cuts that happened when you're cutting it.

2. Burns.

3. Falling while you're making it.

4. Falling while you're picking it up from a restaurant.

The report also put a special focus on one 58-year-old guy, who went to the emergency room after he fell out of his bed reaching for some pizza. (Vice)

 

I'm not sure I should have to tell you this, but . . . um . . . maybe don't just have random sticks of dynamite lying around your house. There was a power outage in Bridgeport, Connecticut on Thursday night after some severe thunderstorms. And a 30-year-old woman went to light a candle. But it turned out to be a STICK OF DYNAMITE . . . and it EXPLODED in her hands. She suffered some severe injuries, including several of her fingers. So the big question is: Why were there sticks of dynamite in her house? Apparently she and her husband bought the place a few years ago, and the old owners left them behind. So when the power went out on Thursday, and they didn't have any other candles, they remembered the ones they saw in the basement . . . which were actually sticks of dynamite. (NBC 30 - Hartford)

title

Content Goes Here