Each year Q92 kicks off the Hudson Valley's Christmas Station during the annual launch of our Coat Drive at Mid-Hudson Subaru - which this year is tomorrow November 10th from 3pm-7pm, info HERE.
The "Tampa Bay Times" just did a study to figure out when different stores start playing Christmas music. Maybe they still play other stuff too, but it's when they start mixing in the holiday music. And here's what they found . . .
1. Best Buy is the first . . . they started back on the 22nd of LAST MONTH, which is almost three weeks ago.
2. Sears and Kmart started last week.
3. Belk and H&M start today, and Office Depot and Office Max start on Saturday.
4. Walmart will start on Monday.
5. JC Penney will start on Thanksgiving.
6. Black Friday is the most popular time to start. That's when you'll hear it at places like Target, Home Depot, Lowe's, Nordstrom, Foot Locker, and Pottery Barn.
7. And the last people are the Stater Brothers supermarkets in California. They wait until December 1st.
(Full Story Tampa Bay Times, Image (c) GettyImages)