Car Catches on Fire Because the Driver Was Burning a Scented Candle

Next time, this guy just needs to hang a gas station pine tree from his rearview mirror and call it a day.

The fire department in Murdock, Florida had to put out a car that caught on fire on Monday.

And when they asked the driver how it happened, he said he'd been driving with a lit SCENTED CANDLE in his car, I guess to make it smell better.

But the candle tipped over and landed on some papers, which caught on fire. The guy pulled over and ran over to a restaurant's garbage cans, to fill them up with water to put out the fire.

But by the time he got back, the entire car was up in flames.

The car was a total loss, but fortunately no one was hurt. And the fire department put out a reminder that you shouldn't drive with a lit candle in your car. 

(ABC 40 - Sarasota) Image © 2020 GettyImages

Q92 · The Hudson Valley's 80's to Now !

Listen Now on iHeartRadio

outbrain pixel